Over The Hill Birthday Cake Idea - Old Lady
Here is fun birthday cake idea for a thick-skinned female friend, the old lady cake. With her hair of marshmallows and her M&M necklace you know she tastes great. Be warned, however, the message you are sending to the birthday girl is a sour one, so only make the old lady cake for someone with a great sense of humor.
Here is what you will need:
- One box of cake mix (and all the other stuff, oil, eggs, etc.)
- One jar of frosting (I added brown food coloring but you can use butterscotch)
- Twenty marshmallows (regular size)
- Some licorice for the eyebrows
- I used a chocolate disk for the nose but a circus peanut, a cookie, or anything else would be fine.
- Some thin licorice for the lips
- Black frosting for the ears and mole
- Large M&M's for the pupils, pearl earrings, and necklace beads.
Here are some tips:
- Lay out the design on a piece of paper first.
- When placing the eyes and the ears they should all be inline.
- The nose should fall just about in the center of the circle.
- I started with the hair and worked downward.